Livigno is situated in the Lombardi region and is well known as a ski resort.
Milan – Livigno
Unfortunately, Livigno is rather difficult to reach, however it is certainly worth it. There is no direct connections between Milan and Livigno. At first, you should arrive to Tirano. In order to do that you need to take a train from the station Milano Centrale. Direct trains to Tirano leave every day, the average journey time is 2 hours. The journey is very beautiful, as the train passes Lake of Como.
Then, from Tirano you should take a bus to Livigno. Please note that it is necessary to change a bus in Bormio. During the winter period such bus connections are garanteed. It takes 2 hours to get from Tirano to Livigno. In Livigno a bus makes 4 stops: BIVIO TEOLA/ALEXANDER, (S.ROCCO), SCI FONDO, VIA LI PONT/S. MARIA.
Timetable (updated 08.09.16): Tirano – Livigno
Milan airports – Livigno
1. Bormio Livigno Transfer offers direct connections between all 3 Milan airports and so called Alta Valtellina (that include Livigno, Bormio, Valdidentro and Santa Caterina Valfurva). A Livigno the bus stops near Centro Sci Fondo, the bus also stops in Bormio (Agenzia Terralta Viaggi), Valdidentro/Isolaccia (Piazza IV Novembre) and Santa Caterina Valfurva (Piazza Magliavaca).
During the winter period that is from 03/12/2016 to 25/04/2017, the bus leaves every day, whilst during the sumemr perido from 09/06/2016 to 18/09/2016 – only on Thursday and on Sunday. During the winter period the bus leaves only once a day from Sunday to Friday and twice on Saturday. Tickets can be bought online on the official website of Bormio Livigno Transfer. The booking is obligatory and it should be made at least 3 days before the departure. You can check the timetables here:
– At Bergamo Orio al Serio airport the bus stops in Arriving International Zone. The price is from 37 EUR.
– At Malpensa airport the bus stops in Terminal 1/exit 7. Tickets cost from 42 EUR.
– At Linate airport the bus stops in the International Arrival Zone/uscita 7. Tickets cost from 37 EUR.
2. Livigno Express connects Livigno with Linate airport, Malpensa airport and Bergamo Orio al Serio airport from 26.11.2016 to 30.04.2017. Beside Livigno, the bus stops in Bormio and in Valdidentro. Tickets can be bought online on the official website of Livigno Express. The booking is obligatory and it should be done at least 2 days before the depature.
Timetable and prices (from 26.11.2016 to 30.04.2017): Milan Airports – Livigno