Naples to Sorrento and Positano on Amalfi Coast

Home Forum Bus & Autobus [English] Naples to Sorrento and Positano on Amalfi Coast

Visualizzazione 1 filone di risposte
  • Autore
    Articoli
      lost4sure
      Partecipante

My parents, sister and I are arriving by cruise to Naples on Oct 30 at 8am to 6pm. It will probably off the ship at 8:30am. We want to take a local bus to Sorrento and Positano via Amalfi Coast and return back to the ship on time. Since my parents are mobility challenged – might bring their wheelchairs, we probably won’t get off the bus. If we do, it will be the half way point for bathroom and snack break. I am not sure the distance, time and stops by local bus. My questions are :

1) Where is the bus stop near Naples cruise terminal to catch this bus?

2) How much would it be in Euros? So I will have exact change. Or is there a day pass.

3)Do I have enough time to be back to the ship by 5pm. I don’t want to wave to ship at the pier.

4)Can I bring wheelchairs on the bus?

5)Can you suggest where we should stop for snack/bathroom break? When will be the next bus be to continue?

6) Would the bus be at the same bus stop coming back from the day?

Thank you in advance for answering this!

Monica
      Spettatore

Hi, lost4sure.
      Napoli – Amalfi is a good way for you: https://www.sitabus.it/naples-amalfi/.
      Bus stop is near the harbour in Varco Immacolatella.

From Amalfi you can move in Amalfi Coast: https://www.sitabus.it/amalfi-cost-connections/

Another way is Naples-Sorrento and then Sorrento-Amalfi Coast.

The ticket is Unico Costiera. Here information about costs: https://www.sitabus.it/unico-costiera/

You don’t have a lot of time and the buses are few or with change.

Another way is to reach the train station and use the Circumvesuviana train, but in this way you can’t reach directly the Amalfi Coast.

often, unfortunately, in Italiy public transport are not well equipped.

Maybe, in October timetables will change.

Have a nice journey.
      _________
      La redazione declina ogni responsabilità riguardo cancellazioni o ritardi.
      The editorial staff is not responsible for any deletions and delays.

khaigh50
        Partecipante

Hi Monica,
        I will be arriving at the Naples Ferry port from Salina on Friday 3 Oct 2014 at 8am in the morning and will be travelling onto Amalfi Town. What would be the best way to get there by public transport?
        I believe you can get a SITA bus from the ferry port direct to Amalfi town but cannot find a current timetable that shows departure/arrival times etc. Can you buy tickets and catch the bus near the ferry port?
        Any help would be appreciated.

Monica
          Spettatore

Hi.
          The terminus is in Varco Immacolatella near the ferry port.

Napoli Amalfi

You can buy tickets near the same place.

Info tickets: Unico Costiera

Have a nice journey.

_________
          La redazione declina ogni responsabilità riguardo cancellazioni o ritardi.
          The editorial staff is not responsible for any deletions and delays.

chips4000
          Partecipante

Monica – thanks for the information – we will be arriving NAP – will it be faster to take the train to Sorrento and then transfer to bus for Amalfi? We are trying to decide whether to have a rental car in the amalfi coast

Visualizzazione 1 filone di risposte
  • Devi essere loggato per rispondere a questa discussione.

Invalid URL for PDF Viewer
Download Attachment/Allegato: Naples to Sorrento and Positano on Amalfi Coast