Ferrara is situated in the Emilia-Romagna region. Ferrara is well connected by buses and trains. It is situated 45 km from Bologna and 110 km from Venice. Airports that are close to Ferrara are: Bologna airport and Venice Marco Polo airport.
Bologna airport – Ferrara
There are two options to get to Ferrara from Bologna.
1. To take direct buses Bus&Fly. Buses Bus & Fly connects Bologna airport with Ferrara in one hour. Buses run 8 times per day, making 3 bus stops in Ferrara: at the shopping center, train station and in viale Cavour (city center). One way ticket costs 15 EUR. Tickets can be bought on the bus.
You can check the timetable here (from 01.01.15): Bus & Fly, Bologna airport- Ferrara
2. The second option is to first arrive to the train station of Bologna and then take a train to Ferrara. To arrive to the train station of Bologna from the airport you need to take Aerobus. For more infromation: : Bologna airport: connections
Then you should take a train to Ferrara. (around 30 minutes)
Venice airport Marco Polo – Ferrara
Venice airport is situated futher from Bologna airport (110 km from Ferrara). There are no direct connections. At first, you should reach Mestre train station. For more information: Venice airport Marco Polo: connections.
Then you should take a train to get to Ferrara (around 60 minutes)
Bologna – Ferrara
TPER (Trasporto Passeggeri Emilia-Romagna) offers connections between Bologna and Ferrara. Line 356 connects two cities. Tickets can be bought on the bus (with extra charges) or in the tickets selling points. In Ferrara the bus terminal is in Corso Isonzo, whilsts in Bologna at the Piazza XX Settembre, 6.
You can check the timetable here (from 07 .06. to 14.09.2016): line 356, Bologna – Altedo – Malalbergo – Ferrara
Venice – Ferrara
Flixbus offers daily connections between Vencie and Ferrara. Tickets cost from 5 EUR, full price -19 EUR. In Venice the bus terminal is in Venice Mestre train station, viale stazione 16. In Ferrara – at the square near the train station. The bus also stops in Padova (parking Piazzale Boschetti).
From Ferrara a bus leaves at 07.55 and arrives to Venice Mestre Station at 10.00. At the same time a bus leaves from Venice Mestre Station at 20.35 and arrives in Ferrara at 22.40.*
* Before the deputure, always check the timetable on the official website of Flixbus, as it is a subject to changes, especially during the summer.
Modena – Ferrara
TPER also connects Modena and Ferrara. Lines 550, 551, 552 connect two cities every day. Average journey time is 2 hours.
You can check the timetable here (from 06.07.2016): Modena Ferrara, TPER, Lines 550, 551, 552.
Train station in Ferrara is situated 20 minutes from the city center so it can be reached on foot or by bus. Please note that because of some work in progress at the train station from 08.08 to 21.08.16, some trains from Bologna would be replaced by bus. You can check the timetable here(only from 08.08 to 21.08.16): TPER, Ferrara Bologna, trains
Latest posts by sita_admin (see all)
- Timetable and Price for ALIBUS from Stazione Centrale (p. Garibaldi) to the Aiport Napoli Capodichino - February 1, 2019
- Timetable and Price for ALIBUS from Stazione Centrale (p. Garibaldi) to the Port (Piazza Municipio) - February 1, 2019
- Time and Price ALIBUS Capodichino Naples Airport to Central Station and Port - February 1, 2019