Pavia is situated in the Lombardia region, that is 35 km from Milan. Pavia is a city of art, culture and nature and has a lot to offer. It can be easily reached by both trains and buses from airports of Milan and nearby cities.
Milan airport Linate – Pavia
Milano airport Linate is situated 58 km from Pavia. There are 2 options to get there:
1. Autoservizi Botti offers such connections every day. One way tickets cost 15 EUR, two way tickets – 27 EUR. For children, who are less than 12, there are some discounts. The average journey time is 40 minutes.
You can check the timetable and prices here (from 01.06. 2016): Milano Linate airport – Pavia
2. At first, you should arrive to the Stazione Centrale of Milan. For more information: Linate airport: connections. From the train station you can easily reach Pavia by train. The average journey time is 30 minutes. Tickets cost from 4 EUR.
Milano Malpensa airport – Pavia
Milano Malpensa airport is situated 85 km from Pavia. Unfortunately, there are no direct connections with Pavia. At first you should arrive to the Stazione Centrale of Milan. For more information: Malpensa airport: connections. From Milano Stazione Centrale it is possiblie to reach Pavia by train. The average journey time is 30 minutes. Tickets cost from 4 EUR.
L’aeroporto Bergamo Orio al Serio – Pavia
Unfortunately there are no direct connections between Bergamo Orio al Serio airport and Pavia as well. At first, you should arrive to the train station of Bergamo or of Milan. For more information: Bergamo Orio al Serio airport: connections. Then it is possibile to reach Pavia by train.
Milan – Pavia
From Milan it is also possible to get to Pavia by bus, not only by train. However, please note, that buses do not live from the Stazione Centrale of Milan but from different bus stops of the city. There are two bus companies that offer direct connections between Milan and Pavia: PMT ed Arfea.
1. PMT offers several bus lines:
a) Line t094: buses leave from Milano Romolo, that is from the bus stop near the metro station Romolo (green line M2) The average journey time is one hour as a bus makes many intermediate stops along the way.
– (updated 19/01/2016) PMT:t094 Milan-Vidigulfo-Pavia
b) Line t172: buses leave from Milano, via Vittadini.
– (updated 10/09/2015) PMT: t172 Milan-Siziano-Pavia
– (updated 31/07/2015) PMT:t175 Milano-Binasco-Pavia
2. Bus company Arfea, in turn, offers only one bus line between Milano Famagosta and Pavia. As you can see, buses leave from Famagosta, that is from the bus stop near the metro station Famagosta (green line M2). Average journey time is 30 minutes. Tickets cost I biglietti costano circa 4-5 €.
You can check the timetable here (from 07.10.15): Arfea: Milan Famagosta – Pavia