Lake Como is situated on the north of Milan and its territory is divided between the province of Lecco and the province of Como, main towns of which are situated just within 40 кm from each other. Lake Como is also situated 50 km away from Switzerland. Its closeness to the train stations, to the airports of Milan and to the main roads makes it easily reachable.
- By train
The most usual way to reach lake Como is by train. The most comfortable ones are those trains that leave from the train station Milano Centrale. You have several options to consider:
- National lines Milano Centrale-Como-Bellinzona, the train stops at Como San Giovanni [trains TILO] (Travel time from Milano is around 30 minutes.)
- Trains EuroCity Milano Centrale – Zurigo, the train stops at Como San Giovanni [trains Trenitalia] (Travel time from Milano is around 20 minutes)
- Trains S11 Rho-Milano P. Garibaldi-Chiasso, the train stops at Como San Giovanni [trains Trenord] Attention: the train from Milan leaves from Garibaldi Square/Piazza Garibaldi (Travel time from Milano is around 50 minutes).
- Regional train Milano-Saronno-Como, the train stops at Como Lago [trains Trenord]
(Travel time from Milano is around 60 minutes).
If you want to reach the province of Lecco you might consider the following options:
- Regional trains Milano Centrale-Lecco-Sondrio-Tirano [trains Trenord] (Travel time from Milano is around 40 minutes).
- Trains S8 Milano P. Garibaldi-Carnate-Lecco [trainsTrenord] Attention: the train from Milan leaves from Garibaldi Square/ Piazza Garibaldi (Travel time from Milano is around 60 minutes).
You can also reach Lecco from Bergamo.
Regional train Bergamo-Lecco [trains Trenord] (Travel time from is around 40 minutes).
- By car
Milan – Como
If you want to reach the town Como from Milan (the distance is around 40 km) you need the motorway A9 Lainate – Como – Chiasso. If you want to reach the city center of the town Como it is better to use the exits Como Centro or Monte Olimpino. If you want to reach the western shore of the lake it is better to take the exit Como Lago.
If you want to reach Lekko from Milan (the distance is around 50 km) you need SS 36 Nuova Valsassina, a very convenient motorway that allows you to reach Lekko in less than an hour.
*From Como to Lekko (the distance is around 30 km) you need the state roads 342, 639 and 36. The travel time is around 45 minutes.
* From Bergamo to Lekko (the distance is around 35 km) you need the state roads 342 and 639. The travel time is around 50 minutes.
The territory of the lake Como
The whole area of the Como Lake is served by an extensive network of bus routes that allow the visitor to move easily through the two towns of Como and Lecco, connecting all major villages along the banks of the lake and the internal villages immersed in the mountain valleys.
Line Como – Bellagio
From the railway station of Como there is a bus line to Bellagio, which is served by the company ASF Autolinee. The service makes several trips per day every day, including holidays. The ride from Como to Bellagio has a duration of about one hour and tickets can be purchased at several sales points, including at the railway station of Como.
For the bus route and timetable please check Como-Bellagio*
* summer timetable is valid till September 2016
Line Lecco – Bellagio
The company Linee Lecco connects Lecco to Bellagio with several trips made daily, including holidays. The ride lasts about an hour and these are set every 2 hours.
For the bus route and timetable please check Lecco-Bellagio*
*summer timetable is valid from 09/06/16 till 11/09/16
- Verona – Garda Lake bus timetables - May 18, 2016
- Connection from Rome to Civitavecchia, Viterbo, Bracciano - May 17, 2016
- How to move from Fiumicino city - May 17, 2016